Monday, March 1, 2010
Genetic Screen
Sorry no pictures, I do have 3 ultrasound pictures to share, but can't scan them until Ryan gets home from his business trip on Wednesday! I went to my genetic screen today or what was suppose to be a genetic screen. I had to go to a different facility for the test, not my doctors' office. They brought me in to do an ultrasound first before all the tests, and the ultrasound tech told me I was only measuring at 11 weeks, and they were unable to complete the test because of this!!!!! Of course, she did not really explain herself to me even with all my questions, and I was kind of freaking out because I didn't understand what was going on. On top of that, she found two cysts in my left ovary, so that made me even more scared!!!! Now, being a healthcare professional myself, I would never give a patient information without completely explaining myself as well as being a little compassionate, so I was really upset by this lady's professional behavior. I have my 12 week appointment with my actual Doctors tomorrow so I know I will get further explanation from them. I called my mom right when I left, and she was able to explain everything to me, so I stopped freaking out as much! I am still considered 12 weeks pregnant, but our baby is just measuring a little smaller than the average baby at this time. The tech needed him/her to be at least 4.5 cm long crown to rump, and our baby is only 4.3 cm, so not too far off. But unfortunately, I had to reschedule and come back in two weeks. My mother also explained that the cysts are something very common and they usually slowly shrink and go away throughout the pregnancy. I will get another ultrasound in two weeks for them to check this and see if that is happening. I will be 14 weeks by then, but probably measuring 13 if this little bean doesn't start to grow more! NOW, I wonder if this baby is a GIRL because it is measuring smaller AND the heartbeat was 153 bpm...a wives' tale says if the heart rate is over 140 bpm it is a girl :) hahaha! It was amazing to see the little bean flopping around in my belly, it looks so much different than the last ultrasound I got. It is starting to definitely look like a baby!!!! I will post the pics as soon as possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment