Owen just minutes old...7lbs 2oz, 21 inches long
Very alert baby boy!
Owen finally was welcomed to this world on Sunday 9/12/10 at 2:27pm after 1 and 1/2 days of labor. I started getting contractions at 4 am Saturday morning, but they were really far apart. So Ry and I labored at home all day. They got really strong around 6:30pm that night, so we called my doctor, and she said to head over to the hospital. We got there, and everything started pretty smoothly. They gave me my epidural, broke my water, and medicine to make me dialate faster. My mother-in-law, sister-in-law, sister, and mom all came up together that night from Noblesville. My dad, bro-in-law, and father-in-law all made it up Sunday. It was so nice having our family come up to support us. My epidural kept wearing off on my left side, so I was feeling my contractions really bad. They kept giving me more every 2-3 hours, but like clock work, it wore off, but my right side was so numb (wierdest feeling ever!). I kept getting sick, vomitting a lotthroughout my labor and pushing. Nobody is really sure why that was, but it definitely was not pretty. They had me start to push around 9:30AM on Sunday, for like 45 minutes...then they gave me a break because we were getting nowhere, and they wanted to let him try and work his way down more. So around 11:30am, we started again, and I pushed for 3 hours straight!!! My epidural had worn off again, but they had me work with the feelings of my contractions, so I basically had natural childbirth...definitely not in my birth plan & the most painful thing imaginable...all moms that go through that deserve a reward or something!!! My doctor came in around hour 3 of pushing and felt around, and they realize that Owen had turned himself "sunny side up", meaning his head was up and not in the proper down position...NO WONDER I could get the little guy out pushing. Everything happen really fast after that...they used forceps and the count of 3 they had me push one last time and my doctor pulled Owen out. I was a hysterical mess, the most exhausted I have EVER been in my life...but just so relieved to have him out. Now I understand that cliche you "forget all about the pain of labor after you see your child"; well that is exactly what happened. I am IN LOVE. Speaking of love, my husband has been absolutely amazing. He took such good care of me, did not leave my side throughout the whole ordeal...he saw things I never EVER wanted him to see but I could just feel his love for me no matter what, and that made me work harder and kept me going...Now I have a mini Ryan and I could not be happier!!! I think God is making up for all that hard stuff right now, because (knock on wood) Owen is being so amazing. He is breast-feeding so well, and is just this little chill man. He is so alert, and will breast-feed then stays up and hangs out with us, so taking in everything. He got circumsized today and didn't even cry (he is in a little pain now, but only when we change his diaper)
Good thing he is like that, because today Ryan got really sick (I think all the stress of everything caught up with him) so my nurse was taking care of all 3 of us today!!! He had a fever, so she gave him something to make it go down...it finally did, but we decided just to be safe, for him to go home tonight and not stay at the hospital with Owen and I. So my little man and I are just chilling right now. I cannot wait for you all to meet him, he is just awesome!
Good thing he is like that, because today Ryan got really sick (I think all the stress of everything caught up with him) so my nurse was taking care of all 3 of us today!!! He had a fever, so she gave him something to make it go down...it finally did, but we decided just to be safe, for him to go home tonight and not stay at the hospital with Owen and I. So my little man and I are just chilling right now. I cannot wait for you all to meet him, he is just awesome!
Congratulations you guys. He is beautiful. I can't wait to meet him!!! :) Great Job Mom and Dad :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Kaitlin & Ryan! I loved reading your story...I felt like I was there. :) Ty also turned sunny side up!! They had to use the vacuum on him! Owen is a doll-baby...I am so happy for you all! Again Congratulations!
ReplyDelete