Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our new kind of Saturday night...:)

Safety First! breaking out the safety glasses for drills and bits in the basement to make Owen a Cubs Bat wall hanging! haha, definitely a funny experience!!
Ryan and his baby Bjorn, he was practicing with Mr. Cub! haha, now the chugging beer might not be a good idea with a real baby! :)
Owen's room is basically done! We are just waiting on our changing table top for the dresser, but it is on its way!

I am really proud of this! Ryan and I really wanted to do something with these two bats, so we got a little creative last night and started pulling out drills and nuts, and bolts, and even krazy glue...haha, it was actually really fun! We weren't sure it would come out okay, but we were able to make this ourselves for Owen's room...and I love it!
Ryan taking a break from putting the room together! He looks like a giant in that glider, but it actually is quite comfortable.
Framed pictures of Ryan's belly photo shoot of me! I am loving how the room has turned out!
Picture that my friend, Boug, got us! I love how it has his name on it! so cool!
Cubs lamp and everything getting organized below.
My BOB running stroller! It was definitely a big splurge for me, but I love it, and I cannot wait to get back into running. I love that this running stroller has a car seat adapter so I can get back as soon as I am cleared by my Dr. :)
************************************************************************************
Let the NESTING BEGIN!!!!!!!! I have been a crazy woman this week when it comes to getting everything ready for Owen's arrival. We had boxes and boxes delivered to go through on top of all the goodies we got at our showers last weekend. I am proud to say almost everything we got is put together and ready to go for Owen! Owen's room is basically done, except for the changing table topper, that was on back order so hopefully it gets here soon. Ryan and I had our hospital visit at Evanston Hospital yesterday. We both feel a lot better after seeing exactly where we have to go and the rooms we will be in. The nurse that was running the tour was very helpful and actually educated us on a lot of things as well as giving the tour. The one bummer that we found out is that visitors have to be 12 and up, so unfortunately, Macy and Cole won't be able to come visit Owen on the maternity floor :( Er, if you guys make it up here we will have to figure something out, but we can discuss that later. Ry and I stayed up until midnight last night getting Owen's room together and actually had a good time doing it! We got a little slap happy and decided to MAKE Owen a wall hanging with these two bats we got...fortunately it turned out looking really well and I am proud of our creation! haha! Only 4 more weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of Ryan in the Bjorn! I have a similar one of Dan but I think its actually Kasey in it and he's still drinking a beer! Hope you're feeling well and relaxing during this last month.

    ReplyDelete