*********************************************************************************
I official start my third trimester tomorrow...wow! I have been reading my baby books a little more lately (I have been really bad at that!) and it relieves me to know Owen is capable of breathing outside of me now if heaven forbid something happens! (My co-workers' sister just had her baby at like 30 weeks, so that is scary how those things happen.) According to those books I also have 97 more days until Owen will be full-term...so crazy! I definitely feel him ALLL the time, my stomach is hard as a rock, and seems to get bigger each day...it feels like a bowling ball in there! Ryan can feel him on the outside now all the time, so that is cool. I am feeling okay, sleeping is still not amazing, but I can't really complain because things haven't been that bad. I am still walking 30-45 minutes at day during the week (on top of all the walking I do at work) and I also do this exercise machine at my lunch break for 30-45 minutes because it really helps my back pain. SO I am still trucking along!
Ryan and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary this past Monday. I had this romantic SURPRISE getaway planned for this weekend, but of course I couldn't keep it a secret, so I told him on our actually anniversary. I had booked a hotel room downtown Chicago and made reservations at restaurant. After we talked about it, we decided to cancel the hotel and save our Marriott reward points for a "babymoon". We have enough points together now for a 5 night stay AND all-inclusive package...so we have been looking for places to book probably April 2011, and want to bring Owen with us:) Just something relaxing and low-key...sounds amazing!
So we kept the restaurant reservation, a place called CITE, Ryan's cousins, Kristin and Drew, recommended it to me. It is at the top of the Lake Point Tower next to Navy Pier. It has floor to ceiling windows all around the restaurant, so the views were amazing. We were there for over 2 hours and just had a great time.
We are missing out on Ryan's family birthday celebrations today back home, we are sorry we couldn't be there! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SARAH, GRANDPA CHUCK, AND GRANDMA RETTA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment