Saturday, May 29, 2010

Owen kicked Ryan :)

I had my 24 week doctor appointment yesterday. Nothing really eventful, just had to take that glucose drink (I chose fruit punch not orange, not too bad actually) and got blood drawn/tested for gestational diabetes. I find out the results sometime next week. My doctor told me I needed to "graze" more during the day with food...I don't have many cravings and I force myself to eat sometimes because I know I need to for Owen, I just get really full, really fast. So I am going to try having smaller snacks/meals throughout the day and see if that works better for me. I did get to hear Owen's heart beat on the doppler, it took my doctor a couple minutes because Owen was jumping around and kicking so much, he literally kicked the doppler over and over again, blocking out his heart beat! haha, but we finally got it and it sounds great! I am going to sign up for a prenatal yoga course at our hospital in Evanston, it starts June 14, so that should be fun! I am feeling pretty good overall so that is nice.

Ryan and I were sitting on the couch last night watching a movie, and Owen, of course, was dancing around my belly...Ryan always tries to feel it and he hasn't be able to until now! Owen kicked Ryan's hand really hard, surprising Ry. I was so happy he finally got to feel it!!! I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!!! :) I will probably post some pictures from this weekend, we are going to be out and about Chicago for the most part :) take care and be safe!

1 comment:

  1. it is an amazing feeling when someone other than you can feel the baby kick! so much fun! :) I cant wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete